CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme SMSTS - Sittingbourne, Kent
Introduction: This CITB Site Safety Plus course is for site managers and anyone wanting to become a site manager to provide them with a better understanding of the legal, moral and social responsibilities of their role, and to manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions.
The CITB SMSTS Site Safety Plus course aims to help site managers, agents and supervisors to:
- manage health and safety in accordance with the current legal provisions and within the context of their management or supervisory role
- develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for the site, health, safety and welfare
- recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
At the end of the course delegates will be aware of and able to:
- implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affect them during their daily work
- implement new guidance and industry best practice
- state their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
- the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- the Management of Health and Safety At Work Regulations 1999
- the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- the cost of accidents at work
- the Construction Design & Management (CDM) (amendment) Regulations 2000
- the Construction (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1996
- working at height
- control of substances hazardous to health
- the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- the Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- abrasive wheels
- scaffold Towers
- manual handling operations
- physical exposure
- personal protective equipment
- individual presentations
Before booking onto this course, please ensure that you have read the CITB Entry, Assessment and Attendance Requirements.
Course Assessment: The course is assessed through syndicate exercises, delegate participation and a multiple choice examination.
We strongly recommend that students who do not have English as their first language have an ESOL level III certificate.
Course Length: Five days
Location: The Bradley Group Training Centre, Kent Science Park, Sittingbourne, Kent
In-House Presentations: Please ask for a tailored quotation.
Follow on course: NEBOSH Construction Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health.
CITB - CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme SMSTS - Sittingbourne, Kent Course Dates
|09/08/18||The Bradley Group Training Centre, Sittingbourne, Kent||Attendance dates 9th, 10th, 13th, 14th, 15th August||£475.00||Book|