CITB Entry, Assessment and Attendance Requirements
Below are the Entry and Assessment Requirements for CITB courses.
You must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. If you have an concerns relating to this area, please contact Fran Childs on 01795 599 989 or via email.
Assessment of Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Site Safety Plus
This course is highly interactive and is delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. Delegates will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test.
Assessment of Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Site Safety Plus
This course is highly interactive and is delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. Delegates will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test. In addition to this you will be required to undertake some self-study outside of the course.
Attendance Requirements of Site Safety Plus Courses
- Delegates will be required to attend all sessions. Failure to do so means the certificate will not be awarded
- Delegates must attend the days in order in accordance with the course programme (where applicable), in order to achieve the necessary learning objectives to qualify for the certificate
- If the above is not possible the delegate must enrol on a new course and retake the full course. If there are extenuating circumstances (for example bereavement or certified illness), the delegate may enrol on a new course to complete the missing days ensuring that they maintain the correct sequence of days, training and exercises. Please note, "extenuating circumstances" does not include work-based issues such as work load or holidays
- Delegates unable to complete the course due to certified sickness or extenuating circumstances must complete the course within 90 days of the last day of attendance
- Under no circumstances can a delegate sit the compulsory objective examination unless all days have been attended and no delegate is allowed to attend more than two courses of split attendance
- CITB reserves the right to charge an additional sum of to cover costs incurred when switching courses. This will be agreed in advance of the delegate moving course
If you have any queries or concerns regarding the above, please email Fran Childs or call 01795 599 989.