Basic Life Support - Sittingbourne, Kent
This half day course is suitable for clinical or non clinical staff working in health care organizations. It is ideal for GP’s and Dentists who require a CPR or BLS certificate. You will receive training on the latest Resuscitation Council (UK) Basic Life Support protocols.
This course is also suitable for First Aiders in the workplace to act as a skills refresher between requalification courses.
Objectives: On successful completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Manage an emergency and act safely, promptly and effectively
- Carry out an initial assessment of an unconscious casualty
- Understand sudden cardiac arrest and heart attacks
- Administer CPR to a casualty
- Understand how to manage a choking casualty
Course Structure: The course is half a day (3 hours) in duration
The main topics covered are:
- Primary Survey (DRAB)
- First Aider safety and barrier use
- Understanding the heart
- CPR for Adults, Children and Infants
- Drowning Casualties
- Choking management
Course Assessment: Delegates are continuously assessed throughout the day. On completion they will receive a Basic Life Support Certificate and Wallet card which is valid for one year.
In house presentations: please call for details.
First Aid - Basic Life Support - Sittingbourne, Kent Course Dates
|Please call us for dates and pricing.|