Control of Hazardous Substances Risk Assessor Training - Sittingbourne, Kent
Part of the requirements of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 requires every employer to conduct risk assessments of hazardous substances in use in their workplace.
Audience: Managers, supervisors and employees with responsibility for conducting or supervising COSHH assessments in the workplace.
Aims: The aims of this course explains why risk assessments are carried out, how substance assessments in the workplace should be approached, what measures are available to control exposure and the methods of monitoring control measures.
Objectives: On completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- outline the requirement of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2004
- understand the meaning of 'risk' and 'hazard'
- identify the elements that should be included in a risk assessment
- collect the information required to be included in a risk assessment
- carry out a substance assessment in their workplace
- propose a control strategy to reduce risk.
- current legal requirements
- hazard identification
- format for risk assessment
- assessment of the risks identified
- risk control measures
- monitoring the performance of control measures
- practical assessment exercise.
Assessment of Course: There is no assessment of the course. All delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
Course Length: One Day
In-House Presentations: Please ask for a tailored quotation
Short courses - Control of Hazardous Substances Risk Assessor Training - Sittingbourne, Kent Course Dates
|Please call us for dates and pricing.|