First Aid at Work - Sittingbourne, Kent
This three day course is available In House and is suitable for nominated workplace first aiders or anyone wanting a comprehensive introduction to first aid. This course is designed to train employees to the standard required by the Health and Safety Executive.
The course is suitable for employers who have identified a requirement for this three day course of training in their First Aid Needs Assessment. No previous first aid experience is required to attend this course.
On successful completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- understand their role as a first aider including the use of available equipment and the procedures for recording incidents and actions
- manage an emergency and act safely, promptly and effectively
- administer practical first aid to casualties in a range of emergencies
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
- recognise the presence of major illness and apply general first aid principle in its management.
The course contains three one day sessions. The main topics covered are:
- unconscious casualty treatment
- administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- dealing with serious bleeding, wounds, soft tissue injuries and shock
- injuries to bones including serious spinal Injury
- dealing with choking casualties
- burns and scalds
- carrying out a thorough injury / illness assessment
Delegates will be assessed on their practical skills and their theoretical knowledge of key subjects. Every delegate who passes the examination receives a First Aid at Work certificate and wallet card which is valid for three years.
First Aid - First Aid at Work - Sittingbourne, Kent Course Dates
|Please call us for dates and pricing.|