NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
Introduction: The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety course is delivered from our offices in Sittingbourne and is aimed at construction site managers at all levels and those involved in advising on construction site safety.
Objectives: By the end of the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety course participants will be able to:
- Identify construction hazards and suggest appropriate means of reducing the risk they represent.
- Understand and apply health and safety legislation, in particular the legislation applying to construction work.
- Make an inspection of a construction site and write a report to management on the findings, which is both persuasive and practical
NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety Course Structure: The course is divided into three distinct units and students have the option of spreading their study over a five year period.
- NGC1 management of safety and health in construction work
- NCC1 control of hazards in construction work
- NCC2 practical exam
- legal requirements relating to health and safety in the workplace
- assessing and reducing risks
- aspects of safety management and human behaviour
- monitoring safety in the workplace
- managing health and safety in construction
- common workplace hazards and methods of control in construction
- health hazards in construction
- construction safety
Assessment of the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety Course: Two written examination papers NGC1 and NCC1; each paper is of two hours' duration. The practical test NCC2 involves an inspection of a construction site and the preparation of a report on the inspection. A certificate is awarded for each successfully completed unit. NCC2 (practical test) must be taken with either NGC1 or NCC1 written paper.
NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety Course Length: The course consists of 16 lecture days, plus exam days. You can view the full breakdown of attendance dates here.
Location: The Bradley Group Training Centre, Kent Science Park, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 8PX.
Follow on course: NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health.
We can deliver the full course or NGC1 and NCC1 as separate units. NGC1 is an alternative higher level to IOSH Managing Safely. Please ask for more information and a quotation.
Multi-booking discounts available upon request.
Construction - NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety Course Dates
|Please call us for dates and pricing.|