SMSTS courses Kent
Introduction: This CITB SMSTS Site Safety Plus course is for site managers and anyone wanting to become a site manager to provide them with a better understanding of the legal, moral and social responsibilities of their role, and to manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions.
SMSTS Course aims:
The CITB SMSTS Site Safety Plus course aims to help site managers, agents and supervisors to:
- manage health and safety in accordance with the current legal provisions and within the context of their management or supervisory role
- develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for the site, health, safety and welfare
- recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
At the end of the SMSTS course delegates will be aware of and able to:
- implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affect them during their daily work
- implement new guidance and industry best practice
- state their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
SMSTS Course Content:
- the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- the Management of Health and Safety At Work Regulations 1999
- the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- the cost of accidents at work
- the Construction Design & Management (CDM) (amendment) Regulations 2000
- the Construction (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1996
- working at height
- control of substances hazardous to health
- the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- the Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- abrasive wheels
- scaffold Towers
- manual handling operations
- physical exposure
- personal protective equipment
- individual presentations
Before booking onto this course, please ensure that you have read the CITB Entry, Assessment and Attendance Requirements.
Course Assessment: The course is assessed through syndicate exercises, delegate participation and a multiple choice examination.
We strongly recommend that students who do not have English as their first language have an ESOL level III certificate.
Course Length: Five days
Location: The Bradley Group Training Centre, Kent Science Park, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 8PX.
We can deliver this course at your premises. Please contact us for a quotation.
Multi-booking discounts available upon request.
Follow on course: NEBOSH Construction Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health.
CITB - SMSTS courses Kent Course Dates
|Please call us for dates and pricing.|