SSSTS courses Kent
Introduction: This industry recognised two day CITB Site Safety Plus SSSTS course is for site supervisors. It gives them an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
Course aims: The SSSTS course aims to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- why they are carrying out their identified duties
- what is expected of them and
- to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
At the end of the SSSTS course delegates will able to:
- understand the problems of the industry
- have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safety
- carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statement briefings
- be able to monitor site activities effectively
- understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
SSSTS Course Content:
- introductions and objectives
- health and safety law
- developing a health and safety management system
- occupational health
- fire prevention and control
- risk assessment and method statements
- hazardous substances
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- working at height
- personal protective equipment
- manual handling
- accidents and first aid
Before booking onto this course, please ensure that you have read the CITB Entry, Assessment and Attendance Requirements.
Course Assessment: There is an end of course assessment to qualify for the the Site Safety Plus CITB (SSSTS) Site Supervisor Safety Training Certificate.
We strongly recommend that students who do not have English as their first language have an ESOL level III certificate.
Course Length: Two days
Location: The Bradley Group Training Centre, Kent Science Park, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 8PX.
We can deliver this course at your premises. Please contact us for a quotation
Multi-booking discounts available upon request.
Follow on course: CITB Site Safety Plus - Site Management Safety Training Scheme SMSTS
CITB - SSSTS courses Kent Course Dates
|11/06/20||The Bradley Group Training Centre, 1062 Cornforth Drive, Kent Science Park, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 8PX||Two-day - 11th & 12th June||£260.00||Book|