CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme - Kent and Essex
Introduction: This industry recognised two day CITB Site Safety Plus SSSTS course is for site supervisors. It gives them an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
Course aims: The course aims to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- why they are carrying out their identified duties
- what is expected of them and
- to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
At the end of the course delegates will able to:
- understand the problems of the industry
- have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safety
- carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statement briefings
- be able to monitor site activities effectively
- understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
- introductions and objectives
- health and safety law
- developing a health and safety management system
- occupational health
- fire prevention and control
- risk assessment and method statements
- hazardous substances
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- working at height
- personal protective equipment
- manual handling
- accidents and first aid
Before booking onto this course, please ensure that you have read the CITB Entry, Assessment and Attendance Requirements.
Course Assessment: There is an end of course assessment to qualify for the the Site Safety Plus CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Certificate.
We strongly recommend that students who do not have English as their first language have an ESOL level III certificate.
Course Length: Two days
Location: Please call for details
In-House Presentations: Please ask for a tailored quotation
Follow on course: CITB Site Safety Plus - Site Management Safety Training Scheme SMSTS
CITB - CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme - Kent and Essex Course Dates
|10/09/18||The Bradley Group Training Centre, Sittingbourne, Kent||10th & 11th September - Two Day Course||£270.00||Book|
|07/11/18||Basildon||7th & 8th November - Two Day Course||£285.00||Book|